Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Anal Communicator Strikes Again

The Anal Communicator returns in

"The Invitation"

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday morning, 9:12 am. The following exchange takes place entirely over email.

Vice President's Secretary (VPS), to the entire division: Just a friendly reminder about Colors Training tomorrow in [Building Name & Rm #] from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We will be having [Caterer] for lunch. Hope to see you all there!! :)

Anal Communicator (AC): Was there a notice sent out about this before? This is the first I’ve heard of it.

VPS: Yes, I sent an invitation out. It was called Quatrefoil Invite

AC: Do you know what date it was sent out? I can’t find anything in my inbox about it and it wasn’t on my calendar. There are some other staff members of the library who were also unaware of it. Was it sent to all of [our division]? I just want to make sure that something’s not wrong with my email system. Thanks!

VPS: It was sent out on February 12. I will forward you the invite. I wonder if maybe it went to your junk mail for some reason? And yes, it went to all [our division].

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The entire original message:

From: Vice President Secretary [mailto:delivery@smilebox.com]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 1:44 PM
To: Vice President Secretary
Subject: Quatrefoil Invite



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AC: Sorry, I don’t have this in my inbox, and I don’t remember receiving it, but if I did, I might have thought it was spam because the subject was unclear and I’m not likely to click on a “Play” button in an email if I don’t know what it’s for.

Since I’m not the only person in [our division] who didn’t know about this meeting (I checked with two other library staff), perhaps you could put “Division Mtg.” in the subject line next time? And put the critical information in the body of the email? For example, the reminder you sent out this morning was very helpful.

Thanks, and sorry for the misunderstanding. :)


THE END

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's note: The original invite doesn't reveal who the intended recipients are, which is a spam flag. I also have no idea what "quatrafoil" means-- even after attending said meeting. And I'm pretty sure I want to avoid clicking on anything that says "I made a smilebox!"

No comments: